This article was last updated on May 27, 2022
The move follows repeated reports that some senior officials have failed to report back to their duty stations in the wake of hostilities, during which repeated and ultimately unsuccessful attempts have been made, by rebel forces loyal to the SPLM-In Opposition (SPLM-IO), to take control of Malakal and the lucrative oilfields of UNS.
The details of the new appointments and re-appointments are below.
Gubernatorial Decreee No. 22/2014 for the appointment of Cabinet ministers of Government of Upper Nile State, 2014 A.D [sic], in exercise of powers conferred upon Maj. Gen. Simon Kun Puoch under article (99) section (2) subsection (a) in the Transitional Constitution of Upper Nile State, lists the following new appointments, whose appointments are said to be effective from 18th July 2014:
1. Mr. Philip Akol Amon – Minister of Cabinet Affairs
2. Mr. Moses Thon Bol – Minister of Local government and Law Enforcement.
3. Mr. Ayong Awer Lual – Minister of Fiance and Economic Plannning.
4. Mr. Simon Duop Puk – Minister of Trade Commerece and Investment.
5. Mr. Chuol Dep Kiir – Minister of Animal Resources and Fisheries.
6. Mr. Dhiew Dau Luil – Minister of Agriculture and Forest.
7. Mr. Maria Kunijwok Kawang – Minister of Gender & Child Welfare.
8. Mr. Dak Tap Chol – Minister of Phsical Infrastructure and Rural Development.
9. Dr. Opal Adwok Amon – Minister of Health.
10. Mr. Gatluak Liphoth Diew – Minister of Culture, Youth & Sport.
11. Mr. Wooyi Kouj Kegaiva – Minister of Labour, Public Services & Human Resources Development.
12. Mr. William Pur Tut – Minister of Education, Science and Technology.
13. Mr. Peter Hoth Tuac – Minister of Information & Broadcasting.
Mayor and Deputies
Gubernatorial Decree No. 16/2014, in exercise of powers granted to Governor Puoch under article (99) section (2) subsection (a) in the Transitional Constitution of Upper Nile State, 2011 and read together with article (53), (54) and (57) of Local government Act, 2009, appoints a Mayor and the two deputies of Malakal City Council and has been in force since 04th July 2014. The appointments made are as follows:
1. Ustaz Abdalla Jago Deng – Mayor of Malakal City Council.
2. Cde. Bustrous Ruac Wuop – Deputy Mayor for environment & construction.
3. Cde. James Daniel Chuang – Deputy Mayor for Administration.
Gubernatorial Decree No. 22/2014 for the Advisors to the Governor of Government of Upper Nile State, 2014 A.D was apparently signed on 18th July 2014 by the Governor. It states that, in exercise of powers conferred upon the Governor under article (99) section (2) subsection (g) in the Transitional Constitution of Upper Nile State, he appoints the following seven Gubernatorial Advisors:
1. John Ibbo Monto – Security.
2. Cde. Gabriel Tut Gatchai – Political Affairs.
3. Cde. Dr. Charles Yor Odhok – Services.
4. Cde. Rev. Peter Makuach Nyak – Religious Affairs.
5. Cde. Nyakoang Daniel Banak – Gender and Human Right.
6. Cde. Chol Nyawelo Akui – Rural Development.
7. Cde. Gwen Philip Chan – Food Security.
Gubenatorial Decree No. 23/2014 for the appointment of the four counties commissioners of Government of Upper Nile State, effective from 18th July 2014, the date of its signature by the Governor of the state, in exercise of powers conferred upon the Governor under article (99) section (2) subsection (a) in the Transitional Constitution of Upper Nile State, 2011, appoints the following 4 County Commissioners:
1. Cde. Elijah Liech Bany – Commissioner for Nasir County.
2. Cde. Rajaf Deng Ajak – Commissioner for Manyo County.
3. Cde. Ustaz Lual Deng – Commissioner for Renk County.
4. Cde. Timothy Ngewe Bori – Commissioner for Maban County.