In February 2011, the Financial Crimes Unit started a fraud investigation at Owen Public School, 111 Owen Boulevard.
It is alleged that:
– between 2006 and 2009, the Principal and Office Administrator were jointly responsible for the care and control of the school’s accounts
– the Principal and Office Administrator failed to purchase all of the items that would benefit the school as directed by the Parent Council
– when the purchases were made, the funds were used from the school’s budget account instead of using the funds raised by the Parent Council
– the Principal and Office Administrator then utilized the excess Parent Council funds to facilitate the purchase of non-approved items and expenses for both the school and themselves
Stephan Howard, 62, and Androniki Lambiris, 51, of Toronto, have each been charged with:
1) Fraud Over
2) Theft Over
3) Misappropriation of Funds Held Under Direction
They are scheduled to appear in court at College Park, on Tuesday, February 7, 2012, room 505, at 2 p.m.