As a parent keeping check in your child’s studies is the most important task and making sure that your kids are doing their homework is like finding life on mars. How to motivate your kids to do their homework is indeed the most difficult task of all time. You need to think of many ways to motive your kids. You seek help of experts or search through parents guide magazines and website to find the correct and right way to motivate your kids to do homework. But in the kids’ world it is a law that kids hate doing their homework because kids really don’t like sitting and studying again after doing the same in school. Instead of making them like homework, you need to learn the methods of making them do their homework and here is a parents’ guide to motivate your kids to do homework which definitely comes in handy for you. Here are some of the things you should keep in mind when you are trying to motivate your kids for doing their homework:
Benefits of Homework: The first step of parents guide to motivate your kids to do homework is for you. You need to understand to understand the benefits of homework yourself before conveying this message to your kids because the better you understand its importance will help you to motivate your kids to do homework in a much better and successful way.
1. Study Environment: Practical example is always better than just advising someone to do something whether the matter relates to kids or adults. The case is same here. You have to create a peaceful study environment because if your kid sees you watching TV or listening to music out loud, it will be no surprise that he would not want to study thus your attempt to motivate your kids to do homework will result in a failure. All you have to do get some time out read a good book in front of your kids and it is likely that they will follow you.
2. Study Routine: Parents guide also recommend you to establish a daily study routine. Fix the time and the method of studying or study environment for kids. You can also let the kids decide that at which time of the day they want to study, which room they want to study or from which subject they want to start. This method from the parents guide for how to motivate your kids to do homework would definitely require some time in getting used to. Once decided the routine a remainder will be required for your kids 5 minutes before the study time until they get used to it.
3. Avoid Noisy Activities: A very important tip from parents guide to motivate your kids to do their homework that it would be best of avoid any sort of noisy activities during the study time because such activities of yours will distract the kids in their study time and the plan to again to motivate your kids for the homework completion will not work. In the kids’ study time prefer doing less noisy work such as doing the dishes or folding the laundry or any other less noisy activity.
4. Encouragement: Encouragement in any field is important even in the kids’ homework department. Parents guide for how to motivate your kids suggests that there should be more verbal encouragement than rewards. Ofcourse rewards will be important in the beginning but to encourage or motivate your kids with verbal encouragement would be better like once kids finish their homework, encourage them by saying, “Doesn’t it feel better to do your homework ahead of time and you don’t have to worry about it anymore as you got done with it.”
5. Don’t Be Fussy on Mistakes: If you fuss on the mistakes made by your kids then you are not doing a good job to motivate your kids for doing their homework. Making mistakes is a part of being human and that’s how everyone learns. It will prove to be discouraging for kids. Be patient as everything takes time to get used to new routines.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.