RCMP investigators obtained store security video footage from Baker City, Oregon confirming ALBERT CHRETIEN, age 59, and his wife, RITA CHRETIEN, age 56, making a gas purchase on Saturday, March 19, 2011, at local Shell gas station/convenience store (Still images from the video are provided with this release). Investigators also confirmed that ALBERT and RITA CHRETIEN crossed into Washington via Oroville on March 19 at approximately 7:05 a.m. They stopped in Baker City where the gas purchase was made at 2:45 p.m.
"To date, the couple’s banking activities and cell phone usage have been nil. The Penticton RCMP is liaising with several U.S. police agencies in order to forward the information state side in attempts to locate the couple," said RCMP Corporal Dan Moskaluk.
Family members are very concerned and note that their parents’ failing to show for the planned attendance at a trade show and convention is out of the ordinary, adding that the couple are local business owner operators which has had a direct effect and concern to many others including the small staff they employ.
The missing couple is described as (photo attached to this release):
ALBERT CHRETIEN, age 59
* Caucasian male, 5’6", 175 lbs, with blue eyes and brown hair bald on top
* Black baseball cap with bold white lettering logo "RITAL" and smaller orange lettering "Enterprises Ltd" (photo of hat provided with this release)
* Khaki button up dress shirt
* Black jeans and black shoes
RITA CHRETIEN, age 56
* Caucasian female, 5’3", 135 lbs, blue eyes and wears glasses, shoulder length brown hair worn in pony tail
* Brown jacket with light colored collar
* White blouse/shirt
* Beige mesh purse
* Dark leather lace up shoes
* Last seen wearing sunglasses
* 2000 Chevrolet Astro van displaying British Columbia license 212-CAV
* Van is a two-tone tan exterior (darker shade of tan on top and lighter shade on bottom)
* Rear wheel drive
* Cloth interior, no sunroof, and wind visor on the top of the windshield is the same color as the top darker tone of the vehicle
* Running boards on both sides that run from front tire to the back tire and are same color as the lighter lower tan tone
* There are black grip tape strips on the surface of the running boards
* The rear of the vehicle has some minor damage on the left side bumper and is slightly bent inward/upward from a previous accident
* Stock rims on the front with all season tires (believed all season), and the rear tires are likely winter tires with painted silver rims and a silver hubcap