Serves 1 to 2
7 oz. fresh squid
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp oil
20 pieces of cloud ears
7 oz. Spanish onions
1/2 oz. ginger
3 tbsps peanut oil
1 tbsp rice wine
Pinch of alt
1 tbsp soy sauce
1. Clean the squid, remove the bone and stomach sac. Peel off the dark skin and open the squids to lie flat. Score the white side of the flesh into diamond shapes and cut the squids into pieces 1 x 1/2 inch. Marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Soak the cloud ears for 30 minutes in hot water, then rinse well.
3. Peel and slice the onions thinly. Cut the ginger into thin shreds.
4. Heat the wok with 2 tbsp. oil and stir fry the ginger for 15 seconds.
5. Add the squids and the wine and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
6. Add another 1 tbsp oil to the wok and put in the onion and cloud ears with a pinch of salt.
7. Continue stir-frying for a few seconds, then pour in 4 tbsps water. Mix well, scraping the bottom of the wok, and cook until the onion is soft.
8. Adjust the seasoning with soy sauce and salt and serve.