1 Cup Basmati Rice (washed & soaked for 10 mins)
1 Tomato (chopped)
2 Bay Leaves
2 Green Cardamoms
1 Piece Cinnamon
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Red Chilly powder
Salt to taste
2 Cup Water
- Heat desi ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds,bay leaves,cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon stick.Saute for a minute.
- Add diced onions and fry till golden brown.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add soaked rice and all the powdered spices and salt. Mix well and let it simmer on low flame for a few minutes.
- Add water and cover cook on low flame till the rice are done.
- Serve bhuga chawar hot with a choice of gravy dish or raita.