It is alleged that:
– a 79-year-old man was on an eastbound TTC subway, nearing Chester station, when a man seated beside him asked him for some change,
– the victim stated he did not have change, but the suspect asked the victim a second time,
– a second suspect then asked the victim for change,
– the victim stood to try to activate the Passenger Assistance Alarm, but couldn’t reach it,
– both suspects grabbed the victim and stole his wallet,
– the victim fought with the suspects and called out for help, but no patrons assisted,
– the suspects left the train at Chester station with the victim chasing after them,
– officers located the victim’s wallet on Danforth Avenue.
On Thursday, May 20, 2010, two men were arrested.
Shawn Waldron, 27, of Mississauga, is charged with:
2) Forcible Confinement,
3) Fail to Comply with a Recognizance.
Jason Thompson, 28, of Mississauga, is charged with:
2) Forcible Confinement
3) Fail to Comply with Probation.
They were scheduled to appear in court at College Park, on Friday, May 21, 2010, room 501, at 10 a..m.