Constable Christopher Hominuk, 37, has 13 years of service, and is currently attached to 22 Division.
It is alleged that:
– on Monday, May 24, 2010, Constable Hominuk was on duty and responded to a radio call where three men had been arrested for various criminal offences,
– Constable Hominuk assaulted two of the prisoners who were in custody,
– Constable Hominuk threatened to harm both prisoners.
On Tuesday, June 8, 2010, an internal audit was conducted and the alleged offences came to light. Members of TPS Professional Standards were alerted and immediately started an investigation. Constable Hominuk was suspended from duty, pending the investigation.
On Saturday, June 12, 2010, Constable Hominuk was charged with:
2) Two counts of Threaten bodily harm,
3) Two counts of Assault with a weapon
He will appear in court at College Park on Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 9 a.m.