Cedric David Jaune was arrested in Vancouver after his common-law wife found what she believed to be child pornography on a computer in the basement suite they were residing in.
Vice investigators were called in, who obtained a search warrant, and seized six computers and numerous DVDs with disturbing images.
This is not the first time that Jaune has been arrested for possessing child pornography. In 2002, police conducted an investigation in relation to child pornography offences and he was convicted of those offences in 2005.
Jaune’s common-law wife was aware of his earlier offences. The couple have a one year old son and the Ministry of Children and Family Development have been contacted.
Jaune, who is charged with possession of child pornography, has been released from jail with conditions, including the following:
· Not to go to any Internet café or public library
· Not to contact the complainant
· Not to contact any child under the age of 16 except in the company of an adult over the age of 21.
· Not to leave the province of British Columbia without prior permission from the Court
· Not to subscribe to any Internet provider service after September 29, 2010
· Not to possess any computer system connected to the internet
· Not to possess a router, similar computer equipment or cell phone capable of accessing the Internet
Jaune’s next court appearance is on October 19th at 2 p.m. in Provincial court.