It is alleged that:
– at the time of the search warrant, a bag was thrown from a rear balcony of the address,
– a .45 calibre high point semi-automatic handgun and a quantity of drugs were found in the bag,
– three people in the home were arrested and charged.
Coady Duhamel, 22, of no fixed address, Wesley Sommers, 18, of Toronto, and Caitlin Sommers, 20, of Toronto have each been charged with:
1. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm,
2. Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized,
3. Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition,
4. Possession of Prohibited Weapon Obtained by the Commission of an Offence,
5. Firearm Careless Storage,
6. Possess Firearm Knowing the Serial Number has been Altered, Defaced or Removed,
7. Weapons Dangerous,
8. Possession for the Purpose Cocaine,
9. Possession of Cocaine,
10. Possession of Proceeds of Crime.
Coady Duhamel is additionally charged with:
1. Possession of a Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order,
2. Possession of Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order,
3. Fail to Comply Recognizance.
All accused appeared in court at Old City Hall on Wednesday, December 1, 2010, room 101, 2 p.m.