Canadian Tire and Coleman host a mass “tent-out” at Toronto’s Yonge-Dundas Square on June 3rd to celebrate the first signs of camping season. Canadian Tire, the go-to retailer for all camping must-haves, and Coleman, the leading outdoor gear manufacturer, encourage Torontonians to get a jump on the outdoor season with this exciting, one-day event. Campers and outdoor enthusiasts alike will camp-out and celebrate the return of summer with the hottest gadgets for cabins, cottages and campgrounds. Visitors to the mass ‘campsite’ can spend the day with on-site experts in health, leisure and equipment set-up, try their hand at pitching a tent and enter to win exclusive prizes. Perfect for first-timers looking to see what’s out there, or seasoned campers looking to see what’s new – this event is not to be missed!
What: Jump into Summer with Canadian Tire and Coleman
· See Toronto’s downtown core transformed into a mass campsite
· Watch a family camp-out right in the middle of Yonge-Dundas Square at the campsite vignette
· Browse Coleman’s campsite showroom and interact with the latest outdoor gear, including tents, sleeping bags, coolers, lanterns and portable grill stations
· Say cheese! Take a photo with Bob Izumi, Canada’s most popular fishing personality
· Experience event attendees work against the clock at the Pitch-a-Tent to Win-a-Tent competition
· Learn about water safety from BoaterExam.com experts while trying on PFDs
When: Thursday, June 3rd, 2010
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Where: Yonge-Dundas Square, Toronto