It was reported that the 46-year-old actor was found dead in Manhattan’s West Village by a visiting friend at around 11.30 am this morning. Officials from the Medical Examiner’s office found that this has happened due todrugs overdose.
Some has found that a screenwriter found him lying on the bathroom floor of his apartment with a needle and syringe still stuck into his arm, according to several reports citing police sources. Moreover, A friend of Hoffman found the actor fully clothed in the bathroom of his home. Two envelopes containing what appeared to be heroin was also found at his side, said the New York Times, citing police sources.
“We are devastated by the loss of our beloved Phil and appreciate the outpouring of love and support we have received from everyone,” Hoffman’s family said in a statement it gave to CNBC. “This is a tragic and sudden loss and we ask that you respect our privacy during this time of grieving. Please keep Phil in your thoughts and prayers.”
Hoffman spoke in the past of struggling with drugs, including a 2006 interview in which he told CBS he had abused “anything I could get my hands on. I liked it all.”
Flowers were left outside the residence of actor Philip Seymour Hoffman who was pronounced dead of an apparent overdose on Feb. 02, 2014.
Click HERE to read more from Fashion Central.