1. Ranveer Singh: Because he has the junoon, the madness and the fearlessness. However he may have to work hard on brushing up on the rusticity that's an essential part of Kanhaiya's personality. Also, after playing the Maratha warrior Bajirao, will he be accepted as a student leader accused of sedition?
2. Ranbir Kapoor: Has the gravitas and needs to play a real-life character. Believe it or not Ranbir has so far not played a single biographical character! There were plans of Ranbir playing Kishore Kumar. Dropped. Kanhaiya Kumar being an entertainer in his own right would be just the compensation for Kishore that Ranbir is looking for. Also Ranbir shot at the Jawaharlal Nehru University for Rockstar.
3. Ajay Devgn: Because he has done films on students' politics namely Mani Ratnam's Yuva and Prakash Jha's Satyagraha. Devgn may be ten years too old to play Kanhaiya. But he conveys the intense commitment and the leadership qualities required for the role.
4. Sushant Singh Rajput: Because they're both from Bihar. And Sushant has shown his adeptness at transforming into a character in Detective Byomkesh Bakshi. He also plays Dhoni in his next film. Kanhaiya could complete a hat trick of character transformations for Sushant.
5. Kapil Sharma: Like Kanhaiya, Kapil can hold an audience of thousands in a thrall. And yes they both claim not to understand angrezi. Sons of the soil, both. Rumours of a channel doing The Kanhaiya Kumar Show are completely false.
6. Abhay Deol: Because he played a students' leader from Jawaharlal Nehru University in Aanand Rai's Raanjhana. Abhay is in any case a politically well-informed creature. Yes, he will pull off the 29-year old students' leader's role.
7. Aamir Khan: Because he loves playing the conscience of the nation in films (Rang De Basanti, Safarosh, Mangal Pandey), on television (Satyamev Jayate) and in person (refer to his willingness to work with Sunny Leone). And just think. If he can cry in Katti Batti, what would a speech on the poor hungry and oppressed do to his tear ducts!