This article was last updated on April 16, 2022
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an on-going investigation.
It is alleged that:
– a man advertised, on radio and in print, his services as a “healer”
– a 56-year-old woman sought out the man’s assistance with ongoing physical ailments
– using spells and rituals, the man convinced the woman that she and her family were cursed and that he could remove the curse for a sum of money
– the woman paid approximately $14,000 for various services
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012, at approximately 12:45 p.m., Gustavo Valencia Gomez, 40, of Mississauga, was arrested.
He is charged with:
1) Fraud over ($5000)
2) Pretending to practice witchcraft
3) False pretenses over ($5000)
4) Possession of proceeds of crime
He is scheduled to appear in court on Friday, December 28, 2012, at 1 p.m., at 1000 Finch Avenue West.
Gustavo Valencia Gomez publishes a Spanish language newspaper, “el Negocia Redondo,” advertising his services at 2019A Dufferin Street, Toronto, and also in London, Ontario and Montreal, Quebec.
Police believe there may be more victims in Ontario and Quebec.