It is reported that:
– the driver of a TTC bus, a 50-year-old woman, was southbound on Bathurst Street, just north of Dupont Street,
– the bus was in the passing lane, approaching a railway underpass, when it struck a Stacey Electric bucket truck in the curb lane, with the service bucket arm positioned above and across the passing lane,
– a 51-year-old serviceman, working within the bucket, was thrown out by the impact from the bus,
– a second worker, a 42-year-old man, standing on the roadway, was also struck by the TTC bus,
It is further reported that:
– the 51-year-old serviceman in the service bucket was properly secured and sustained non-life-threatening injuries.
– the 42-year-old man sustained massive trauma and was pronounced deceased at the scene.