Governor Hassan urged the parliament to finish their work so that the new ministers could be sworn in tomorrow.
“I need the assembly to pass these ministers before the visit of President Salva Kiir which is scheduled on Saturday in Wau,” Hassan told the parliament.
Hassan said the rendezvous of his new cabinet ministers was based on the criteria he promised last week.
According to the state acting speaker Hon. Paulino Apinyi Akol, the MPs have requested 24 hours to go through the CVs of each appointed Ministers before passing their nomination.
Parliament government chief whip Hon. Justin Makuac Majok said the members of state assembly would not have more to do with the names since these people are not new but the same members from the ruling party (SPLM) who are qualified for their posts and many of them were the ministers in the last cabinet except the two new faces.
“The Assembly will past these names unanimously,” said Majok.
The new ministers include;
1. Mr. John Urbano Madut, Minister of Local Government and Law Enforcement and Parliamentary Affairs.
2. Dr. Derik Uya Alfred, Minister of Information and Culture.
3. Dr. Adil Athansio Suru, Minister of Agriculture, Forestry, Animal Resource, Fisheries, Cooperation and Rural Transformation.
4. Dr. Isaac Cleto Hassan, Minister of Health.
5. Mr. Zackaria Joseph Garang, Minister of Physical Infrastructure and Urban Development.
6. Mrs. Lilian Valentino Rizik, Minister of Finance, Trade and Industry.
7. Mr. Mores Yel Akol Tit, Minister of Education, Science and Technology.
8. Mrs. Ritta Andrea Tito, Minister of Labour, Public Service and Human Resource Development
9. Mr. Elias Kamilo Dimo, Minister of Youth, Sports, and Social Development.
Hassan reiterated that the motivation of only having nine ministries was a response of state population to have a lean government that should deliver services.
The criteria used in appointing a minister include loyalty to the ruling party which is Sudan People’s Liberation Movement (SPLM) and commitment to work with the entire population and the state government.
Nominees also have an ability of technical knowhow to challenge any further difficulties and that the minister should be a social sound person excepted by the entire state legislative assembly.
The popularity of person is also a measure as he or she will be leading the people of Western Bahr el Ghazal state and providing service to them adding that the overall shape of the cabinet will be based on efficient people.