Haq Criticizes Khwaja Asifs Statements

The Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Sami chief Samiul Haq this Friday criticised statements by the Defence Minister Khawaja Asif regarding the launch of a full scale military operation if TTP violates the ceasefire. The Taliban committee head said that Asif should refrain from making such bold statements, adding that the peace process would never be completed if the operation lasted for the next 10 years. He claimed that Asif would escape to London while innocent people would get killed in Pakistan.

He said they had been successful in opening closed doors and now both committees would sit face-to-face. Khwaja Asif informed during an interview that the Taliban would have to pay if they violate the ceasefire this time. The government would not think twice and would not hesitate even for a moment to bomb the tribal hideouts of Taliban and forces will march in to the areas if TTP does not stick to their announcement of a ceasefire. “It will not take months now. We’ll have to march in the month of March. If there is a ceasefire, it has to be complete. Without that, we just can’t afford to have talks with the Taliban,” said Khwaja Asif revealing government’s determination to end the bloodshed.

“We won’t just take this lying down,” said the defence minister. “If we are attacked, the state is attacked, civilians are attacked, military personal are attacked, we will retaliate. We will retaliate in kind.” “The Taliban have not even condemned this so-called splinter group four days after the attack. They are saying, ‘We have not violated a ceasefire, these are peripheral groups, they are not under our control,’” Asif said. “But we cannot believe this.”

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


Confirm you are not a spammer! *