N.B. man dies possibly due to carbon monoxide leakage

District 5 Kent RCMP are investigating the death of a 23-year-old man over the weekend.

On November 12, 2011 at approximately 9:30 p.m., the RCMP, Beersville Fire Department and paramedics were called to a residence in Bass River. Three men and three women were suffering from symptoms believed to be linked to carbon monoxide poisoning.

All six were taken to the hospital by ambulance. A 23-year-old man from Harcourt, N.B. was pronounced dead upon arrival at hospital. The other five were treated and released.

The preliminary investigation shows the six were travelling in a vehicle on back roads when they became stuck in the mud. When they were able to get the vehicle out of the mud, there may have been damage to the exhaust system allowing carbon monoxide to leak into the vehicle.

The police are awaiting toxicology tests from an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death, although the preliminary report suggests carbon monoxide poisoning. The investigation is continuing.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


Confirm you are not a spammer! *