Sole survivor of Alberta shooting slowly recovers

The sole survivor of Alberta shootout, Shayna Conway, has finally taken the road to recovery. Doctors at Calgary hospital said Conway will take time to fully recover but she has shown signs of improvement.

Last week, the young girl was shifted from the ICU at the Foothills Medical Centre to a private room, said a family friend Rob Dale. Her breathing tube was taken off so she tried to speak for a little while.

“We encouraged her, explained to her how much of an inspiration she is to a lot of people,” he said.

According to Dale, all the family members who came to visit her were “excited and very thrilled about that.”

On December 15, Derek Jensen opened fire at Conway while she was driving with her friends from Lethbridge to the Calgary airport. After killing three people, the man committed suicide.

“She admitted it’s been hard, certainly quite an emotional thing she’s processing. At the same time, there’s a real sense of, she’s a fighter and you could hear it in her voice, even though it was still fairly weak and strained,” said Dale.

A trust fund has been set up for Conway at TD Canada Trust.

Article viewed on Oye! Times @ www.oyetimes.com 

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


Confirm you are not a spammer! *