Carbon Monoxide Suspected Cause of Three Deaths in Peel Region

Three family members that co-owned Brampton’s Calypso Hut restaurant passed away in their home this morning from an apparent carbon monoxide poisoning. According to Peel Regional Police, carbon monoxide leaked in the house because the family decided to bring a propane heater inside overnight on Sunday since their furnace broke and temperatures dropped outside.

29-year-old Jerry Pitamber returned home at around 2 a.m. after closing the Queen Street East restaurant for the night. Upon arrival, he found his parents, 60-year-old Peter Pitamber and 59-year-old Seeta Pitamber, and older brother, 36-year-old Terry, dead in the main floor of their Linden Crescent home, in the area of Queen Street East and Dixie Road. According to Pitamber, his mother and brother were in bed, while his father was on the floor. In addition to that, he also found his uncle, 56-year-old Paul Rampersaud, and a 66-year-old family friend who were both alive but suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning.

According to Jerry’s cousin, “he (Jerry) saved my uncle’s life,” explaining that “he pulled him out of the basement. He had to carry him (Paul) out of the house. He saved his life.” According to Jerry’s cousin, Alvin Rampersaud, “we are in shock” because “they had the biggest hearts in the world. They’d do anything for anybody.” According to a friend, Ravin Kalu, Peter Pitamber was a kind man with a generous heart, “he was a great individual” and “he would always support anything that needed him.”

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


Confirm you are not a spammer! *