Dog owner Vitalie Mazu charged after his dog attacks people, Vaughan

This article was last updated on April 16, 2022

Canada: Free $30 Oye! Times readers Get FREE $30 to spend on Amazon, Walmart…
USA: Free $30 Oye! Times readers Get FREE $30 to spend on Amazon, Walmart…

Members working out of the #4 District Criminal Investigations Bureau have charged a 41-year-old dog owner in connection with three dog attacks in the City of Vaughan in January 2011.

As a result of thorough investigation completed by the #4 District Criminal Investigations Bureau, in cooperation with the City of Vaughan Bylaw Enforcement Unit and Toronto Animal Services, a 41-year-old North York resident is now facing three provincial charges under the Dog Owners Liability Act in connection with the three dog attack incidents. The dog-owner was previously identified after a tip was submitted by a member of the public in connection with the three separate dog attacks.

On Wednesday, January 19, 2011, at approximately 8:40 a.m., an unidentified man entered a convenience store located at 80 Glen Shields Avenue, leaving his 100-pound male German Shepherd untied outside the store. The dog left the front of the store while the owner was inside and attacked a 16-year-old female who was walking nearby. She required medical attention for injuries to her shoulder. A few minutes later, a 66- year-old man attempted to enter the convenience store when he was attacked by the same dog in the neck and arm area, suffering serious injuries that required more than 20 stitches. Less than five minutes later, a 41-year-old female attempted to enter the same store when the dog grabbed at her clothing. She was able to take evasive action to avoid injury. The owner and the dog left the area shortly afterwards.


• Vitalie MAZUR, 41, of North York


• Fail to Prevent Dog From Attacking Person x 3  (Dog Owners Liability Act)

Mr. Mazur is scheduled to appear before the Provincial Offences Justice Court in Newmarket on Davis Drive in Newmarket on Friday, March 11, 2011.

The dog was euthanized by Toronto Animal Services on Monday, January 31, 2011, at the owner’s request.

Share with friends
You can publish this article on your website as long as you provide a link back to this page.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.