For his younger brother he wants to make a statement and spread awarness about cancer. Raj hopes the outings will provide lasting memories. His brother RJ, 34, is admitted to hospital on ICU because of heart failure and is in critical condition. The family is praying for a wonder.
Raj found his writing notes, music lyrics, poems after he was admitted to hospital. ”He was a very good writer; he prefered to pen down his feelings and loved music. He was good in everything he did”. Raj also found last letters for the people he love in case he won’t be able to say what they mean to him.
”We think that we are immortal and so the future really doesn’t exist for us. That being said, we worry about it all of the time, as we also worry about the things we have screwed up in the past, but we never talk about dying and never truly understand the speed of time. My brother was aware of the facts because he tried to make up things in his battle. He always said you are the architect of your lfe. The storyboards are of your own making. We’ll no doubt tell lies and say that we had a wonderful life, that we wouldn’t have changed anything in the world, when really we will wish we had done things differently. Life is short that’s what he reminded us of”, Raj says.
”I don’t know one person who can hate him. He believes in helping others. A day after he was admitted to hospital I got a letter from a boy living in a village in Morocco who was blind and now got his eyesight back. He now studies because my brother paid his operation and study when he visited the country last year”, Raj continues.
To spread awarness Raj shared his brother’s bucket list with things he wanted to do before he dies. This list is a reminder that life can be over in a wink.
1. Organizing a langar at Times Square with V.
2. Recording a music album
3. Seeing my sisters getting married (no control over it)
4. Write a positive note every day
5. Swimming with sharks
6. To make everyone I meet to donate €1 to a cancer charity
7. Supporting charities with a donation
8. Feed 1000 homeless and orphan children in India
9. Identify people who have inspired me the most in my life and then let them know.
10. Start a charity or foundation
11. Make up with people I hurt
12. See, meet and feel H.
13. Kiss her on New Year’s eve
14. Going to Las Vegas with my best friends
15. Throwing a party at AER Mumbai
16. Plant a tree
17. Write 21 letters for my son
18. Spend a much as time I can with him
19. Put a message in a bottle and throw it in the sea
20. Eating at world’s best restaurants
21. Have a vacation with family in Finland and Iglo Village
22. Driving the ocean road in Australia
23. Gambling in Macau
24. Get a tattoo with the name of my son
25. Pay the studies of 10 poor children
26. Visit Shakti Peetha’s and bathe in the Ganges
27. Visiting Al Hoceima and the villages near the city
28. Write up my dreams
29. Shop and carry bags for my sisters in Tokyo
30. Make the birthdays of my nieces and nephews the best till date
31. Help as much strangers as I can
32. Learn to speak Arabic
33. Spread awarness about heart cancer
34. Sing Aaj mere yaar di hai shaadi @ my best friends wedding
35. Attending NBA Final
36. Visiting Udaipur
37. Having a family party
38. Sleep under the Brooklyn Bridge
39. Eat at the river banks in Benares
40. Attending a concert of Shreya Ghoshal
41. Disney World with my son
42. Get another degree
43. Visiting Ladakh and Leh
44. Going to Mauritius with H.
45. Get a massage every day
46. Let the people in my life know I love them
47. Visiting the village of my grandparents
48. Write my life story
49. Take as much pictures as I can and leave footprints
50. Be good for myself