On Monday, May 17, 2010, members of the 14 Division Major Crime Vice Unit started a three-week investigation into the street-level distribution of illicit drugs.
The project was started in response to community concerns about drug dealers and users in several identified neighbourhoods:
– Queen Street/Bathurst Street,
– King Street/Dufferin Street
– Queen Street/Lansdowne Avenue
It is alleged that:
– undercover officers purchased crack cocaine from street-level drug dealers,
– police seized 3,271.57 grams of cocaine, valued at $392,560 and 635.89 grams of marijuana, valued at $12,720,
– police also seized a loaded semi-automatic pistol.
A total of 35 people have been arrested. They face 106 charges.