Motorists should expect significant delays on the 401, 427, QEW, Gardiner Expressway and DVP as world leaders are escorted by police into and out of the GTA from June 24-27. In Huntsville, access to Highway 60 will be restricted to those with proper credentials from June 23-26.
Drivers should stay away from the G20 Summit Traffic Zone bordered by Spadina Ave., King St. West, Yonge St. and Lake Shore Blvd. West.
To help ease commuting headaches, CAA SCO suggests the following tips for motorists:
– Avoid the affected areas when possible.
– If commuting, plan and practice alternate routes ahead of time.
– Use public transit when possible.
– Give yourself extra time and pack your patience.
– Plan a weekend getaway out of the city.
Meanwhile, CAA members calling for roadside assistance should be prepared for longer than normal wait times due to the road closures in and around the summits.