It is alleged that:
– a blue Acura was parked at the rear of a night club at 2708 Jane Street,
– officers saw a man who appeared to be sleeping while seating in the driver’s seat and went to check on his well-being,
– as the officers approached the car, they saw a handgun in the front console,
– as the officers approached, the driver reached for the gun,
– the man was placed under arrest and a loaded .38 calibre handgun was seized.
Frederick Garbrah, 29, of Toronto, is charged with:
1. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm,
2. Possession of Firearm While Prohibited,
3. Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Weapon,
4. Unauthorized Presence of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle,
5. Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition,
6. Weapons Dangerous,
7.Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized,
8. Possession of a Firearm Obtained by the Commission of an Offence.
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Monday, October 11, 2010, room 101, 10 a.m.