It is alleged that:
– the accused are members of an organized crime group who committed a series of distraction thefts between Wednesday, November 3, 2010 and Thursday, November 25, 2010,
– members of the group would conduct surveillance on customers removing large quantities of cash from the bank,
– they would puncture one of the tires on the victim’s car and then a member of the group would approach and offer to assist with fixing the car,
– while the victim was distracted by the tire, another member of the group would remove the victim’s bags from inside the unlocked car.
Juan Carlos Espinosa, 40; Luis Enrique Diaz Tovaria, 43; Felix Garzon Cangrejo, 43; and Samuel Morato Gonzalez, 43; all of Toronto, have each been charged with:
1) Conspiracy to commit indictable offence,
2) Possession of property obtained by crime
3) four counts of Theft under,
4) four counts of Mischief under.
Police believe there may be other victims