It is alleged that:
– on Saturday, January 29, 2011, at 5 p.m., a man boarded a westbound subway train at the Spadina subway station,
– the man sexually assaulted a number of women,
– a man intervened and the suspect then left the train at Lansdowne subway station and fled the scene.
Arturo Mendez-Vega, 57, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1) two counts of sexual assault,
3) Mischief interfere with property,
4) Indecent acts,
5) Fail to Comply with Probation.
Police would like to speak with the man who came to the aid of the women.
Police believe there may be other victims.