Category: Canada Published on Monday, 20 August 2012 11:26 Written by Len Humes
It is alleged that:
- a 14-year-old girl made arrangements to meet up with one of the accused on Coxwell Avenue on Thursday, August 2, 2012, at 9:30 p.m.
- when the girl arrived, the accused was in the company of the other two accused, who were unknown to her
- the girl and the three accused went to a home near Wakunda Place
- while in the home, the girl was repeatedly sexually assaulted by the three accused
The investigation, with the assistance of community members, enabled officers to identify all the accused.
Richard Wayner, 23, and Michael Pottle, 22, both of Toronto, and a 16-year-old boy, also of Toronto, have each been charged with:
1. Sexual Assault
2. Sexual Interference
3. Gang Sexual Assault
4. Overcome Resistance: Choking
5. Threatening Death
6. Forcible Confinement
The 16-year-old boy cannot be identified under the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
The accused all appeared in court on Friday, August 3, 2012.