It is alleged that:
– in September 2008, the accused lied to his friends, stating he had been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer,
– the accused’s friends organized a fundraiser in October 2009 to help him,
– friends and family attended the fundraiser, helping raise $3,000,
– the accused subsequently spent the money,
– in November 2010, the accused told his family and friends that he lied about having cancer.
Christopher Gordon, 39, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1. Fraud under $5,000
He is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall, on Friday, November 19, 2010, room 101, 10 a.m.