This article was last updated on April 16, 2022
Shrimps Tomatoes and Capers with Pasta
• 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 cup onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
• 1 can fresh, plum tomatoes, crushed gently
• 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
• 2 Tbs capers
• 1 lb fresh medium shrimp, peeled, deviened, and cut into 1/2″ pieces
• salt and freshly ground pepper
1• Put the olive oil and onion in a large skillet over, over medium heat and cook until the onion has turned golden brown.
2• Raise the heat to medium-high and add the tomatoes. Cook rapidly until most of the liquid has evaporated, but the tomatoes have not broken down completely.
3• While cooking the tomatoes bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot, add 1 tbs of salt, and drop in the pasta all at once, stirring until the strands are submerged. If you have a smaller pot, you can use less than 4 quarts of water, but you must constantly stir the spaghetti for one minute.
4• Add oregano, capers, and shrimp to the sauce in the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the shrimp turn pink (about 2 minutes). Once they are pink remove the skillet from the heat.
5• When pasta is cooked al dente, drain it and toss it with the sauce. Serve at once.