Anokhi Media Corp. is pleased to honour and showcase today’s South Asian movers and shakers from the fashion, entertainment, media and entrepreneurial industries who will be in attendance from Canada, the US, the UK and India.
The event will showcase a spectacular runaway show by one of India’s most celebrated Bollywood fashion designers, Vikram Phadnis who will be showcasing his spectacular collection for the very first time in North America, followed by an intimate exhibition where attendees will have the rare opportunity to meet the designer and purchase his clothing which will be available for the first time in Canada at this event. In the words of Bollywood star and former Miss Universe, Sushmita Sen: “Vikram has an individualistic style and when he dresses up stars, he keeps in mind their personal style”.
The gala will also host an array of live performances by acclaimed South Asian artists:
– International musical artist, Canada’s Raghav: One of “Canada’s best-kept secrets in the Arts”
– The Globe and Mail – International celebrity DJ from the US, Donna D’Cruz: “Donna’s enthusiasm and passion about music and life permeates the whole atmosphere”– Deepak Chopra, International Spiritual Life Coach
– UK’s hottest musical artist Mona Singh: “She is the Asian Madonna”
– Kanya King, Founder of The MOBO Awards
– US’s hottest musical artist Tina: "TINA can sing and dance, and her killer abs don’t hurt either!" – New York Post
– Celebrated classical Indian dancer, Canada’s Bageshree Vaze: “An absolutely electrifying performer” – Michael Crummey, award-winning author of Galore.
Also in attendance are well known personalities such as:
– One of Canada’s top journalists, CBC News Toronto anchor, Anne-Marie Mediwake: “She is an incredible talent and well loved” – Susan Marjetti, Managing Director, CBC Toronto
– Hot international model, Azura: Has Modelled for Calvin Klein, Zac Posen, Betsy Johnson & the Late Alexander McQueen.
This glitzy red carpet event will host a two hour awards and entertainment show for five hundred attendees over a four course meal with wine, as well as an exclusive VIP after party thereafter at the same venue. Doors open at 7:15 pm for the show and dinner which will run from 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm, and at 9:30pm for the VIP after-party, where attendance is expected to increase to over a thousand people.