• 2 1/2 cups water
• 3 cubes beef bouillon
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
• 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 tablespoons dried oregano
• 10 leaves fresh basil
• 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
• 5 pounds rib, tenderloin (fillet mignon), or the strip loin
• 1/2 cup canola oil
1• Pour water into a roasting pan, and add bouillon cubes.
2• Mix together the salt, garlic, Italian seasoning, black pepper, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes on a large plate. Rub roast with 1/2 cup canola oil. Roll roast in seasoning mixture until well coated. Place the roast in the roast pan along with any left over seasoning mixture and oil.
3• Sear at high heat (425) for 15 minutes, reduce heat (350), and cook approximately 3 hours. Meat should be tender and well done. It’s preferable to buy a oven thermometer to make sure meat cooks properly.