This article was last updated on April 16, 2022
Food is very important for the healthy state of your body as well as brain. Whatever you eat has an effect on your overall health. Your brain, for one, has its own nutritional needs to function in its full capacity. If you do not give what it needs for proper running, you are compromising on its ability. Boost your brain’s functionality with raw and natural diet. Sharpen your memory, advance your learning and boost your intelligence with IQ food.
It has been scientifically proven that brain food makes your smarter and even happier. You will notice that some of the people around you are smarter than others who are pretty average or below average. While a lot of it has to do with genes, surrounding, knowledge and education, part of it has something to do with brain-boosting food. Do check whether you have the brain-boosting food in your routine diet such as:
Omega-3-Fatty Acids & Nutrients:
The famous health journal Nature Reviews Neuroscience (NRN) explains that omega-3-fatty acids is very beneficial for your brain plasticity. Brain plasticity is the ability of your brain to change with experiences and learning. According to the latest report by NRN, 30% of your brain cell membranes are made of omega-3-fatty acids which help in transporting nutrients in your brain cells.
– Furthermore, omega-3-fatty acids prevent the aging and deterioration process of your brain. It protects you from brain illnesses such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Huntington’s disease.
– Nutrients such as copper etc. and food containing omega-3-fatty acids include cold water fish such as whitefish, sardines, mackerel, tuna, salmon and herring.
Enjoy the cashews, almonds, peanuts, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds in winters and benefit from these rich sources of vitamin E. These improve your cognitive functions. Walnuts are rich in omega-3-fatty acids.
Acai Fruit berries, Blueberries & Avocados:
You do not need to waste money on vitamin products to enhance your mental energy when you have acai fruit berrries and avocados around you. Acai fruit berry has health fats, fiber and nutrients that lower your cholesterol and has antioxidants to help you fight premature aging. Acai fruit berry has all these qualities which are 10 times more than red grapes and 30 times more than red wine.
– Blueberries reduce your risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. These are stress relievers, boost the learning capability of your brain and enhance your motor skills.
– Avocados prevent the risk of stroke by maintaining healthy blood flow to your head.
Dark Chocolate & Tea:
This will make many happy. Dark chocolate has plenty of antioxidants which boost your brain focus and concentration. It also contains endorphins – happy hormones – that elevate your mood by relieving stress. Any chocolate with at least 35% cocoa is known as dark or black chocolate.
– Tea contains antioxidants such as flavonoids which enhance your immune system and increase the blood flow to your brain which is vital to your active brain functioning.
Click HERE to read more from Fashion Central.