This article was last updated on April 16, 2022
1 pint Red wine vinegar
1 cup Olive oil
1 cup Feta cheese, finely crumbled
2/3 cup Blue Diamond Sliced Blanched Almonds, toasted
2 Tbsp. Sugar
1 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
1 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
6 Bell peppers, red, green or yellow
2 Red onions
6 Zucchini, medium
6 Yellow summer squash
6 Japanese or baby eggplant
3 lbs. Shrimp, medium, shelled
Olive Oil, as needed
2 3/4 lbs. Gourmet lettuce mix or mixed shredded greens (5 1/2 qts.)
Lettuce leaves, as needed
1. For Dressing, in large container, combine vinegar, oil, cheese, toasted almonds, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and shake well. Chill until needed.
2. Remove stems and seeds from peppers; cut peppers into sixths. Peel onions; cut each onion in half. Cut each onion half into 6 wedges.
3. Trim zucchini, yellow summer squash, and eggplant. Cut each piece into lengthwise slices 1/4-inch thick.
4. Brush vegetables and shrimp with olive oil, grill until vegetables are tender and shrimp turn pink and opaque, turning and brushing lightly with oil as needed.
5. For each portion, place 2 cups lettuce mix on a lettuce-lined service plate.
Top with 3 pieces bell pepper, 2 wedges onion, and two slices each zucchini, squash, and eggplant.
Arrange 1/4 lb. shrimp over salad.
Shake dressing; serve 1/3 cup (5 oz.) portion with salad.