Once on scene, police found a woman with obvious injuries.
Andrea White, 33, of Toronto, was pronounced on scene.
There have been a number of unsubstantiated rumours reported in the media and amongst community members in regards to the motivation behind the murder of Andrea White.
The investigation has now progressed to the point that the following may be stated:
– on Friday, April 26, 2013, Kwado Mensah was shot and killed in the Forest Creek housing Co-op
– Sheldon Scrubb is currently charged with Second-Degree Murder in relation to the shooting death of Kwado Mensah. Neither Sheldon Scrubb nor Kwado Mensah resided in the Forest Creek Co-op
– Kwado Mensah was born on April 12, 1993. On April 12, 2014, a memorial service was held at his gravesite
– it is alleged that one or both of the accused, in the Andrea White murder, were friends of Kwado Mensah and attended that memorial service
– it is alleged that, at 11 p.m., Michael Davani and Alwayne Bigby attended the Forest Creek Co-op, and fired a handgun in the general direction of Andrea White’s residence on Forest Creek Pathway. It must also be noted that an adjacent unit was struck by a projectile.
– there are no outstanding suspects in the murder of Andrea White
– the firearm, allegedly used during the commission of the offence, has been recovered
– it is the belief of the investigators, based on the evidence that, after attending the memorial service at the gravesite of Kwado Mensah, the two accused acted out their anger by discharging a firearm in the Forest Creek Co-op housing complex where Kwado Mensah was killed
The Toronto Police Service has been, and will continue to be, diligent in keeping the members of this, and all communities in our city, safe.