500 gms Barramundi fish steaks or thick pieces of fish fillet
Salt to taste
2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp ground turmeric
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp garam masala
3 tbsp melted butter or oil
1 tbsp kasundi mustard
¼ cup heavy whipped cream
1. Spread out the fish and sprinkle adequately on both sides with salt and then with the black pepper, turmeric, cayenne, and garam
masala. Pat the spices in and set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat the grill or broiler (on high).
3. Dribble half the melted butter or oil over one side of the pieces of fish.
4. Grill them about 4 inches from the heat source for 2 to 3 minutes or until they are just starting to brown.
5. Mix the kasundi mustard and cream. Divide into 3 parts. Put a layer of mustard cream on the fish.
6. Grill for another 2 minutes or so until the fish is golden brown.
7. Turn the pieces over and repeat the process, first with a brushing of butter or oil and then with one part of the kasundi mustard and
8. Serve hot with kasundi mustard cream drizzled on top and the lemon wedges.