During a similar program in Khatun primary school in Arambagh, instead of anti-polio drops, the staff accidently gave injectable Hepatitis B medicine to the children. One of the cautious parents pointed out that the medicines are been taken out of the boxes labeled Hepatitis B instead of anti-polio. Although, the staff immediately took responsibility for its negligence but then also argued that Hepatitis B medicine does not have any harmful effect if it is taken orally.
Parents and other people present at the scene became furious and locked the staff in a room. Sixty-seven children were then rushed to a hospital for complete medical checkup. Children, as young as 14-month-old, also became the victim of this negligence. According to the workers, about 114 children were given the wrong medicine, orally.