– Two tablespoons Dijon mustard
– 1/2 loaf ciabatta bread (about 5 ounces), split horizontally and hollowed out
– 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained, reserving 1 tablespoon oil
– Romaine lettuce leaves
– Coarse salt and ground pepper
– 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves
In a normal small bowl, whisk together oil and mustard until thick; spread it on bread. Layer bottom half of bread with a few lettuce, then tomatoes, cheese and parsley. Season with pepper and salt. Top with remaining bread and lettuce.
Wrap the sandwiches in plastic tightly; place on a baking sheet. Top with one more sheet, and weight down with heavy skillet or canned goods. Refrigerate at least one hour and up to overnight to meld flavors. Cut in half pieces and serve.
Click HERE to read more from Fashion Central.