This article was last updated on April 16, 2022
Caramel apples recipe has became much popular from last few months. They can be dressed up with chopped nuts, raisins, M&Ms, caramel candies, candy sprinkles, sugar, butter, cream, corn syrup, molasses, vanilla, and salt. Moreover, the most liked recipe includes caramel sauce. The taste is phenomenal with that.
– The total Preparation time is 10 minutes
– Cooking time is 40 minutes
– 1 cup White Granulated Sugar
– 1/2 cup (1 stick) Unsalted Butter
– 3/4 cup heavy Whipping Cream
– 1/2 cup Dark Corn Syrup
– 1 Tbsp Dark Molasses
– 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon Salt (omit if using salted butter)
– 6 sturdy Lollipop sticks or Chopsticks
– 6 medium Apples (rinsed and patted dry, room temperature)
– Equipment needed – one accurate Candy Thermometer.
– Assorted Candies of your choice
Combine caramel ingredients and heat on medium low until melted brush down sides with pastry brush.
1. Place sugar, butter, cream, corn syrup, molasses, vanilla, and salt in a thick-bottomed 3-4 quart saucepan. Put that onmedium heat and stir gradually with a wooden spoon until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved. When the sugar crystals appeared on the edge of the pan, brush them down with a wet pastry brush. Bring to a rolling boil Pour hot caramel sauce into metal bowl.
2. Monitor the temperature of the caramel with a candy thermometer. When the temperature of the mixture reaches 240°F, remove from heat and pour into a metal bowl. Let the hot caramel mixture sit in the bowl until the temperature cools to just below 200°F, at which point you are ready to dip the apples. Push sticks into apples through core Sticks in apples, ready to dip into caramel sauce.
3. While the caramel sauce is cooking and cooling, line a baking sheet with either Silpat or buttered aluminum foil. Insert the sticks (either lollipop sticks, thick wooden skewers, or chopsticks) into the center of the apples through the stem end.
4. Dip apple in caramel sauce swirl the apple in the caramel sauce and pull out, letting the excess sauce drip off.
5. When the caramel sauce has cooled sufficiently, dip the apples into the sauce. Swirl each apple around in the sauce so that the caramel sauce completely coats the apple. Pull the apple up from the sauce and let the excess caramel gently drip back into the bowl.
6. Place the coated apple onto the lined baking sheet. Some caramel sauce will form a little pool at the base of each apple. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
7. Caramel apples cooling fold the caramel that has pooled at the bottom of the apples back onto the apples.
8. Once the caramel has chilled a few minutes, remove from the refrigerator and press the caramel that has pooled at the bottom of the apples up against the side of the apples. If you are using coatings such as sprinkles or chopped nuts, roll the caramel apples in them now. Then return the apples to the refrigerator and chill for at least another hour.
Click HERE to read more from Fashion Central.