- Source of Alert
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Product Names
- Stud Capsule For Men
Lot #060607-01/060108-01 Exp 6-2013
- Manufacturer / Place of Origin
- Kanec USA Inc., Davie, Florida, U.S.A.
- Product Description
- Stud Capsule For Men is promoted for the treatment of sexual dysfunction.
It comes as a blister pack containing one capsule per unit of use, 24 packs in a box. The lot number and expiration date appears on the seal.
- Reason for Warning
- The U.S. FDA informed consumers of a voluntary recall of one lot (Lot #060607-01/060108-01 Exp 6-2013) of Stud Capsule For Men after it was found to contain undeclared sildenafil.
In a company-issued notice, consumers were advised to stop using this product immediately and return it to the place of purchase or directly to the company.
- Sildenafil is a prescription drug used to treat erectile dysfunction. It should only be taken under the supervision of a health care practitioner.
- Possible Side-Effects
- Sildenafil should not be used by individuals taking any kind of nitrate drug (e.g. nitroglycerine) as it can cause potentially life-threatening low blood pressure. Individuals with heart problems are at increased risk of cardiovascular side-effects from sildenafil use such as heart attack, stroke, chest pain, high blood pressure and abnormal heart beat. Other side-effects include headache, facial flushing, indigestion, dizziness, abnormal vision, and hearing loss.