1. Use a flesh colored liner on the water rim of your lower lash line to make eyes look bigger and brighter.
2. Pair a black liner with pale eye shadow all over the lid and a darker shade in the crease to make the eyes pop.
3. Erase hard lines of eye shadow by blending in with a brush
4. If you’ve applied too much eye shadow, take a Q-tip and dip it into a moisturizer and gently swipe off the tone you need to take down. Then, take your pinky or a sponge tip applicator and just dab on a bit of a neutral shadow to soften the look.
5. Never use an eye shadow that’s the same color as your eyes or nothing will stand out
6. When drawing a cat eye, follow the outer bottom lash line upward to get the perfect line.
7. For a daytime cat eye, begin at the inside of the eyelid and drag the liquid liner applicator all the way across the lid to the outside of the eye. When you get to the outside of the eye, move the applicator up and out to create a wing effect. Do not make this line any longer than an eyelash to keep it from being too dramatic.
8. Apply shadow before attempting a cat eye to ensure you don’t smudge it.
9. If you’re having trouble with liquid liner, draw a practice line with a taupe eyeliner and the trace it with the liquid
10. Use a lash primer before mascara to make lashes look bigger and thicker.
11. Use a small mascara brush on your lower lashes, as well as the lashes near the inner corner of your eyes. A tinier brush makes it easier to grab onto the smaller lashes
12. Try out false lashes. They make your eyes look bigger.
13. Skip mascara on the bottom lashes to make eyes appear lifted
14. If you wear glasses, go with lengthening mascara instead of a volumizing one, which can look clumpy when magnified by lenses
15. For extra long lashes, place the tip of the mascara brush on the outer corners of your lashes first, do a few strokes, then work your way in. Extending those corner lashes will make your eyes look more open.
16. When using a lash curler, clamp down at the base, move the curler out, clamp down, move the curler to the ends and clamp down again.
17. If your lashes are thin, dust them with translucent powder before applying mascara to add bulk.
18. When filling in brows, make tiny hair-like marks with your brow pencil for a more realistic look.
19. If you have a square-shaped face, go for a thick brow.
20. If you have a round face, aim for a more defined brow arch to make your face appear more oval
21. If you have a long face, go for a straight, flat brow shape.
Click HERE to read more from Fashion Central.