The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of arrests made in a kidnapping and firearms investigation.
On Sunday, February 2, 2020, the Toronto Police received a call for service regarding a kidnapping.
It is alleged that:
– a man was kidnapped
– he was released by his captors, with serious injuries, at a marina in the Bronte Street and Lakeshore Road West area of Oakville
– he was treated for his injuries in hospital and released
It was determined this incident took place in the city of Toronto.
Members of 51 Division Major Crime Unit were able to identify the suspects and, with the assistance of the Emergency Task Force, Guns and Gangs Task Force, Community Response Units from 51 Division, 12 Division, and 53 Division, executed three search warrants around the city of Toronto.
Zamaan Yusuf, 23, Danna Millan, 22, and Patrick Celaj, 23, all from Toronto, were each charged with:
1. Conspiracy to Commit Indictable Offence
3. Forcible Confinement
4. Aggravated Assault
5. Assault with a Weapon
6. Robbery with a Firearm
7. Use Firearm in the Commission of Indictable Offence
8. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
9. Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
10. Careless Storage of a Firearm
11. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in Motor Vehicle
12. Threaten Death
13. Point Firearm
15. Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking (crack cocaine)
16. Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking (fentanyl)
They appeared in court at Old City Hall on Thursday, February 6, 2020, 10 a.m., room 101.